Monday, December 30, 2013

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara! review



Hello Beauties!

One of the makeup’s essential is mascara. Without applying mascara your eye look is incomplete whether it’s natural or dramatic. Today I’m reviewing Great Lash Big Mascara by Maybelline.
Great Lash has been out in the market for quite a time now & is available easily on Maybelline counters. Maybelline has re-released Great Lash mascara & gave it a bigger wand. In fact it has been ranked as #1 mascara by many magazines.
After using it I realized that the original Great Lash & new one are same in width & height. New Great Lash Big wand has been upgraded to a more modern & mainstream one whereas the older one looked cheaper to me.
With bigger wand it’s easy to apply it. The big brush with densely packed bristles separate each lash & gives them good volume. It really visibly thickens the lashes & elongates them as well. What more does a girl need from a mascara? It does not clump no matter how many times I pile on it. The formula is fairly thick and one needn’t wipe any excess off before applying it to the eyes, as the brush picks up only the required amount.
Removing the mascara sometimes is also a challenge for people with sensitive & weak lashes.  Most of them need so much effort; one has to wiggle & rub & press down & even at times end up losing an eyelash or two in the process. When I discovered that this was “washable” mascara I had to try it out to check that it stays true to its claim & boy oh boy, was I in for a delight! This mascara really comes off easily without doing much. Now I have to stress more on my liner, liquid or gel than on the mascara.
Another thing which I liked is, it doesn’t flake or smudges; not even on lower lashes. I got the one in blackest black color but don’t really make my lashes that blackest black as I was expecting. At the same time, however, you have to take into consideration that not all women like larger wands; especially ladies with smaller lids and lashes. Bigger wands are a mess for them. They also aren’t so friendly when trying to apply mascara in the corners of the eyes and on the bottom lashes. Let’s just say when attempting to do one of the two with Great Lash BIG, keep a Q-tip moistened with make-up remover nearby.




The packaging is cute & I bought this mascara because of the packaging but the formula didn’t really impress me as well as the bigger brush. It comes in neon pink & green packaging which is really girly. Still the packaging isn’t good enough as the sticker with the name on it peels off, rather than this they should have imprinted the tube with name. I find that because the tube opening is so large, I get excess mascara grim building up in there which is a total waste.
I would not say that I hate it, but definitely I’m not going to re-purchase it because the big brush doest suit my eye shape. While applying this mascara literally it seems like I have applied it to all over my upper & lower eye lids & crease. So really didn’t work for me.
I bought this mascara from Maybelline counter, Center point in Andulas Mall for 35 SAR which is not bad but for me not worth it. This is the first Maybelline product I’m really disappointed with. It’s good for the young 1’s who have just started with mascara as it is very basic & cheap.



Pros of Maybelline Great Lash Big Washable Mascara – Blackest Black:
§  It really elongates, thickens the lashes.
§  Does not smudge even on the lower lashes.
§  The big, dense brush, coats and separates each lash.
§  Cute packaging.
§  Does not clump even with multiple coats.
§  It comes off easily with any regular cleanser you already may be using.

Cons of Maybelline Great Lash Big Washable Mascara – Blackest Black:
§  The label on this comes off from the edges and the sticky underside gets dirty and it looks very unappealing! I wish they had placed it on more securely. I prefer my product to have secure labels as it is easy to repurchase or just know what I have and not look dirty.

For Best Results:
·        Sweep the Great BIG Brush from root to tip of lashes to build big volume.
·        Continue building volume until you achieve your desired look.
·        Do not let dry between coats.
·        Removes easily with soap and water or with eye makeup remover

Ratings:
Price                *****
Packaging       *****
Brush               ***
Overall            ***

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if the brush on this would be too big on me or not but overall this mascara sounds pretty good, I love that it's drugstore as well. Actually, I think I may have had this mascara a couple of years back but I can't remember if I liked it or not!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Anam Speaks Beauty