Saturday, June 11, 2016

REVIEW | Ponds Oil Control Mattifying Facial Foam - Oily Skin


Hello Beauties!


So, its officially summers & temperature is already gone above 35C, which is not a good news for people with oily skin. In summers our skin tends to get more oily then any other season. Bad skin also results in other skin issues and you cant really apply anything on your face. You can apply makeup because it also gets removed from your face or looks really greasy.

I am a skin care freak and always looking for good products to keep my skin in its best shape. I change my skincare routine with every season and my changing lifestyle. The most basic skin care starts with a good face wash followed by a good moisturizer. I love trying out different face washes and trust me I have a dedicated drawer storage for all of them.

While on my perfect face wash search I came across Ponds Oil Control Mattifying Facial Foam, I didn't hesitate to pick it because Ponds is one the brands I really love. Who doesnt love some mattifying and oil controlling products in Middle-eastern summers?



I used it for a good month or so and noticed really amazing results. It actually controls your natural oils and keep your skin matte. Its designed to bring softness & suppleness to your skin while balancing your natural moisture. It helps with sebum production which results in prevention of acne and pimples.

It doesnt only help in controlling oil but it cleanses your skin really well. It has micro-beads which helps in exfoliating your skin and cleanses your pores, leaving your skin more clearer and smooth. Its formulated with Minerals Clay that helps maintaing the natural oil level and absorbs the extra from your skin.

The mineral clay seems to work quite nicely in keeping your skin oil free for  6-8  hours. If you have a combination skin or your skin is also on dry side then this product is not for you. Since I have dry to combo skin, my T-zone becomes oily sometimes. I dont use this product on daily basis but my skin loves it when my T-zone is oily or during my monthly cycle.

But if you have oily skin your are going to thank me for this product. 

It comes in a basic 100gms tube and flip cover which for me is really convenient to use and you don't waste any product. The price you pay for the quantity is totally worth it. Its one of those drugstore gems I have found and I really enjoy it.

Overall:
Its an excellent product for those with oily, acne prone skin. It will help you in controlling the excess oil and sebum production. You will see a good difference in your pimples and acne issues as well. It actually works, cleanses your skin, makes it smoother, exfoliates and makes it clearer with daily use. However if you start getting very dry you can alternate this with other product to get desired results (thats what I do). Highly recommended for oily/acne prone skin!

3 comments:

Copyright © 2014 Anam Speaks Beauty