Thursday, November 9, 2017

Drugstore Gem | Gosh Color corrector palette




I am not a big fan of too many steps. But if something little does wonders, I am up for it!

I received the GOSH color corrector palette in the PR and before this I have not tried any such clown colors on my face.


Color correction has been big for a while now, it’s a makeup artist trick for concealing discoloration using color as opposed to opaque concealer.

The theory goes that you choose the opposing color on the color wheel to block the discoloration. Every color has an opposite color- blue is opposite to orange, green is opposite to red, yellow is opposite to purple.

You might think “What?! More makeup? I’m already using SPF, primer, concealer, foundation, powder. Give over!” But actually, by color correcting, you can use less makeup because it conceals more effectively than skin colored camouflage, it can look more natural.

Ever since I have started to work my dark circles and eye bags and getting darker and deeper. Also due to some unknown reasons I have some acne spots and at times big-red zits on my forehead.

So I took out the palette and finally painted my face like clown.

This small kit contains 5 color corrector shades which are very blendable. They are perfect to cover any dark circles spot, conceal, eliminate dullness, brighten up the complexion and reducing redness. These color correcting colors are great to use under your foundation to eliminate any discoloration for a flawless yet natural finish.

I love how they blend into skin and works fine with almost every foundation I have used. They sit nicely under the foundation and dries quickly (So you have to blend them fast). And once they are set your foundation glides on easily without moving your color corrector.

They are pigmented and little goes a long way. I like how they have a thicker and harder consistency as compare to a concealer yet they blend beautifully. They are creamy but they dont budge or crease neither do they cake up.



These colors are versatile and works for light to deeper tones.



  • Orange – To counter act blue tones and concealing dark spots or dark circles.  
  • Yellow – Perfect for covering up purple or blue bruises, veins, and under-eye circles.
  • Green – Neutralizes any redness on the skin. (If the skin has widespread redness as windburn, sunburn or rosacea) 
  • Purple – Suitable for eliminating any unwanted yellow undertones on the skin 
  • Peach/Salmon – Ideal for brightening the eye area and cover signs of fatigue. Also works well to give sallow olive toned skin a much-needed radiance

  • I apply a very small amount with a synthetic brush and blend it with a beauty blender. Make sure that you have moisturized and primed your skin before color correcting.

    Overall, I am already a fan of GOSH products. As they are amazing and very easy on pocket. If you are new to color correction, this palette is great as it has 5 colors that would be great for several issues. Plus its a Parabeen free, perfume free and cruelty free brand. I love the packaging, its cute, its black and very light and also very compact.


    How many of you use color correctors?
    row-of-hearts


    2 comments:

    1. Seems like a really nice color correcting pallette. I love gosh products too.

      ReplyDelete

    Copyright © 2014 Anam Speaks Beauty