Sunday, October 27, 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips Balm





I am literally obsessed with bright colors. Lately, I have become so obsessed with the Maybelline Baby Lips, after seeing them so much on internet especially on Instagram. It was really hard for me to get a Baby Lip in Jeddah I tried a lot of Maybelline counters at different places but all were sold out. After trying for so long I got one from City Max Maybelline counter.



I heard a lot about it from different source & decided to give it a try. I am a fan of cute and colorful packaging - it may not be to everyone's taste but it sure stands out from other lip balms and the lipstick style bullet ensures ease of application. Some have stated that the balms look a little cheap and I guess such view is warranted as they are plastic and brightly adorned but come on at 15SAR each.


What surprised me this time around is how soft and almost liquid like this seemingly hard balm feels on the lips, I expected such a firm to texture to tug and pull at the lips but it does the opposite it glides on with such ease with a light texture. Maybelline claim that Baby Lips offer 8 hours of hydration and I'm afraid that it is not case it is closer to 4 hours, as long as the balm is on the lips the skin will remain moisturized but once it wears off all the benefits tend to vanish. What is surprising is that for a product that costs 15SAR the ingredients are pretty substantial and include vitamin E, aloe, honey, shea butter, petroleum and in some instances an SPF of 20.


Maybelline has 6 different colors three with an SPF out of which I succeeded to get 2 of them i.e 05 Quenched (Clear) & 15 Cherry me (Cherry).Out of these 6 , three are tinted & three non-tinted. Clear balms have SPF. Unlike the non-tinted versions the tinted ones not include an SPF again all provide a light sheen finish once applied but doesn’t really show or appear not atleast on camera or if u have really light-coloured lips.

I am in love with both my Baby Lips & looking to get my hands on rest of them. Maybelline has introduced 2 new types of Baby Lips in Dr. Rescue (which is medicated) & other is called Electro collection which comes in black packaging with popped up bright neon fonts.

 Baby Lips, they are great for stashing in a pocket for a quick fix to dry lips but they are not a fix for cracked lips unless its from Dr. Rescue collection. Summed up they smell great, are fun, are cute and are cheap!



I got the Baby Lip in 05 Quenched (clear) at City Max in Flamingo Mall and the other one in a shop at Shobra near Cycle round about. They cost 15SAR each.
If you know any place where they are available please lemme know.

Stay Blessed!

2 comments:

Copyright © 2014 Anam Speaks Beauty