Thursday, September 22, 2016

Drugstore Gems | Rimmel 9-in-1 BB cream ( Matte & Radiance)




Just like every other BB cream, Rimmel BB creams also claims to provide many benefits in one tube!
So, Today we will read if the claims are actually true and does this thing really works? 

I am a fan of these Alphabetic cream, especially BB cream. I love my skin base minimal and light but no matter how hard your try you end up layering different products for different properties. Thats why I love BB creams as they have multiple benefits and I don't have to go all those steps, because hey! I ain't got no time in morning. 

I have been using the Rimmel BB cream Matte from a very long time and I discovered that they have a Radiance version when it came in my mail. Yippeeee!




I love how these have 9 benefits which primes, smoothes, conceals, minimize pores, moisturizes for upto 24hr, awakens, brightens and mattifies/adds radiance depending on which one you picked. The shades have more of cool to neutral undertones which I like as everyone can wear these unless you wanna look really warm or bronzy summer ready. 

The best part is I get to apply only one layer of product and in summers its all about let your skin breath. I love how it has SPF 25 which is always a plus point to makeup product I pick. I have dry skin but for some reasons my skin hate ayering up the products and it just hates SPF separately. If I apply any product which is a little heavy I feel my skin cant breath and its suffocated, it also sweats alot. 





These BB creams have more of a moussy thicker texture than most of the Westernized BB creams, it is closer to the Korean version of BB creams. Thats why these BB creams require a little more blending than your usual ones. Most of the people claim that these just sit on their skin and doesn't get absorbed. The reason behind this is the texture, you require less product than your usual BB creams and blend it a little more too. once they are blended they give you a beautiful sheer-to-medium coverage that lasts.

I don't recommend this for the sensitive or acne prone skin since it has potentially irritating amount of alcohol and fragrance, so chances are your skin can react. So if you have acne prone or sensitive skin, pass on this one!!!





But its a really good product for those with normal skin. The matte version works well for oily to normal skin, but works fine for the dry skin too (speaking from the experience). I would also suggest that oily skin people set it with a powder just to keep it in the place and last longer in this hot weather (I love the Rimmel Match Perfection for that). Its not a matte-matte version but gives you a subtle matte-ish look, just keep that in consideration.




The Radiance version is good for dry skin only as I feel its just too dewy for normal skin even. But its better than many other drugstore version of BB creams and my second favorite after Ponds BB Cream.  I use my Ponds BB+ throughout the year but I also really enjoy the Rimmel one during colder months. 

Primes??                  Yes
Smoothes??              Yes
Conceals??               Almost
Minimize pores??     Almost
Moisturizes??           Yes
Awakens??               Absolutely
Brightens??              Not really
Mattifies??               Somewhat
Radiance??               Yes



Overall:
They are a really good product that works as it claims. It has SPF, primes and gives a good coverage. Its also very light on pocket and the tube packging makes it really easy to use. Its also very great to carry in our bags to work or school. However there are few things which you need to consider before making your purchase. Regardless its my second favorite and I absolutely enjoy it. It doesnt sit into my line or transfer to my scarf. It makes my skin look perfected and more rested + awake. 



Let me know about your favorite BB cream below in comments.
row-of-hearts

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Anam Speaks Beauty