Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Major Drugstore Haul: Face

Dear Beauties!

Spending hours & hours at malls is one of our favorite thing to do. And who doesnt like going to the sales? Lately I have been addicted to go to the malls & shop (Guilty).  I have picked up alot of things during last 2 months & didnt get much time to share with you guys. Today I'm gonna write all about the drugstore products for face which I picked in my recent shopping sprees. I picked alot of products like foundations, concealers, powders, lippies, makeup pencils etc. This post is gonna be long but I hope you enjoy reading it & find it useful. Below are my first impression & short reviews of the products.



1. Rimmel Match Perfection foundation:
I have been looking for a good drugstore foundation which is light & gives good coverage. If you read my blogs daily you might know that I'm not a big fan of foundations & I'm more of a BB & CC cream kinda person. But while trying out the products I applied this foundation & I really liked it. It looks a little dewy with natural finish & unified skin tone.It gives a good sheer coverage but coverage is buildable. The texture is smooth & very runny for blending. It absorbs quickly into the skin & didn't make it oily or greasy. It also has SPF 18 which is always a plus point for me. This foundation works great on combination skins even on hot summer days.
This foundation also smells so fresh which reminds me of tulips. The packaging is good for the price, it comes in a glass bottle with blue lid & it has a pump which I liked. The coverage lasts for a good time & dust a little powder on your T-zone or where it is required & you are good for hours. Over all I really liked the product, its good for day to day wear.
This foundation comes in 12 different shades from the lightest Porcelain to darkest bronze, there should hopefully be a match for every one. I picked it in shade Sand 300 which is a beige/sand color, a little darker for me but gives a beautiful bronzy look to my skin. Definitely I'll recommend for daily & daytime usage. One of the best budget buy for the price & quality.

2. Rimmel Match Perfection Powder:
I also picked this Ultra Creamy Compact powder by Rimmel as it worked great with the foundation & is from the same line. It mattifies the skin & feels so light. I got this is color True Ivory which is a lighter color. This formula claims to be super blendable with Smart Tone technology that cleverly adapts to your skin natural tone & color. As it says the texture is really creamy but still keeping the powder compact properties. Because of its texture it blends into your skin & gives it a medium to sheer coverage. If applied separately, it gives a semi matte finish & really even outs the skin tone.
You can apply it on the foundation or if you have a good skin it will work great with only moisturizer or primer.
The packaging is quite nice, sleek & has a blue color to match the product line. It really protects the powder & comes with a mirror & sponge. the only problem is, it doesnt have an SPF. I look out for the products having SPF because you can protect your skin in one go & dont have to go through the hassle of many steps of separate applications.

3. Rimmel BB cream:
Ok I know. All of you have always heard me raving about Ponds BB cream. Trust me it is that good but last few months I ran out of it & wasnt able to find it any where. Then i came across this BB cream. It claims to be 9-in-1 skin perfecting super makeup which minimizes the pores, primes, moisturizes your skin, conceals & cover the spots or flaws, smoothed the look, mattifies it, brightens your complexion & helps in protecting your skin. I picked it shade light & I dont know if they have any shade lighter to this.  It comes in a 30ml tube which is good for the price. Also has an SPF25 which I loved.
The formula is thin & gives you a really good sheer coverage. Its the 2nd BB cream which has suited my skin & doesnt make my T-zone sweat like crazy or oily and shiny. I picked it, used it & loved it. It has a pinkish undertone which gives my face a really good natural look. I like the texture, its smooth & blends easily & I dont have to wear a moisturizer before it. It stays good for hours & keeps my skin looking fresh & flawless. I absolutely love it & wear it almost every day. The formula isnt that mattifying but it doesnt make skin oily so this works for me. I literally feel my skin is breathable after applying. Good  product for the price value, daily & day wear.  Definitely recommend it to combination and dry skin beauties.

4. Revlon Colorstay concealer:
I'm not much of a concealer person. I have a really good skin but because of my fair color my dark circles look really bad. I picked this concealer for my under eye area & to cover the dark circles. I have always noticed that using any product which has yellow undertone brighten ups my complexion. So I swatched so many concealers at the different counters & finally picked this one. I was not still sure about it & was insisting on buying a darker shade. But the sales girl recommended this color & I bought it. After trying it I really liked this concealer.
My eye area is really oily for some reasons but to my amazement it didnt crease at all. I worked perfectly with my BB cream & gave a good coverage for my dark circles. The formula is little thick but blends very easily & looks very natural.
This is my first concealer & I really love it. Such a good quality for the price you pay. Really good staying & covering power. trust me you'll not be disappointed. Definitely a really good drugstore concealer to try.


Here are the swatches for 3 products. These were my drugstore products for face which I picked. Have you tried any of them? or do you have any recommendations? please let me know by leaving a comment below. I hope that you enjoyed reading it. I will be posting more product review shortly so keep coming back. 

Thank you for reading.
Love you
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Anam Speaks Beauty