Saturday, November 1, 2014

Major Drugstore Haul: Makeup Pencils

Hello Beauties!

Here is the second part & this post is all about the makeup pencils I picked during my recent shopping hauls. As I mentioned in my earlier Major Drugstore Haul: Face post that I picked alot of different products for face, lips, eyes etc. So today I'm sharing with all of you the first impressions & mini reviews of these pencils.



1. Bourjois Contour Clubbing Waterproof pencils:
Bourjois is one of my favorite drugstore brand. I love using their makeup & body products. I absolutely love the Rouge Edition Velvet. I've been seeing this pencil on their Instagram account & I wanted to give it a try. These eyeliners are super gorgeous & have variety of different shades. The formula is very soft & creamy but not too soft even if you sharpen them they dont go blunt.
I got this pencil in shade 57 up & brown, & 54 ultra black. I swatched the brown shade & instantly fell in love as its not that usual brown its a shimmery beautiful brown with no orange undertone. The second shade, 54 Ultra Black is super black & I love using it as an eyeliner. Being a soft & creamy pencil eyeliner is creates a beautiful wing without smudging. once I'm done with my makeup I have noticed that the eyeliner sets into the place & doesnt budge untill removed. The staying power is great & it really is a smudge proof eyeliner. I also love layering it over my usual eyeliner to get the blackest eyeliner look.  The colors are as true as advertised & I'm planning on picking few more colors. If you are an eyeliner lover then girls its a must have. Definitely a favorite & must have product. Highly recommended!
 Costs around 35SAR.

2. Maybelline Colossal Kajal:
IF you read my blog you know that I'm a packaging freak. If I love the packaging i'll buy the product whether needed or not. While checking out the counters i spotted this thin yellow pencil on the Maybelline counter, I ignored it at first but the color was so eye catching that I had to go & try it out. The formula is good & it glides on so easily. Its soft but not too creamy nor drying. A good pencil for tight lining the eyes & its retractable. It stays on for hours without smudging or transferring anywhere else. One or two strokes are enough for achieving the bold black look. Another plus point is that I dont have to sharpen it, just roll out & use, very convenient. Just one downside that the kajal stick is very thin & short, i always fear if it will break. Otherwise a great product at such price. A must have for kajal lovers.
Costs around 30SAR

3. Rimmel Professional eyebrow pencil:
Here is my another pick by Rimmel, eyebrow pencil. Trust me I have tried alot of brow products & nothing worked this great for me. I love bold brows but still not very sharp or dark in color. Rimmel has different colors in this pencil to match your need. I picked 2 colors, 002 Hazel for daily wear which is a soft blond brownish color & 001 Dark brown for nights out which is a proper coffee brown color.  The formula is great, it give your brows natural & polished look.  It is not waterproof but stays on for hours & hours. Such a great product at even greater price. There is a brow brush at the cap of the pencil. I like it as I dont have to keep an extra tool in my bag. I really like it & use it on daily basis.
Costs around 19SAR

4. Rimmel Lasting finish lipliner:
Throughout my makeup experience I feel Rimmel lipliners are the best. They come in variety of shades & the formula is velvety smooth. They glide on easily & stays on the place for hours without drying out your lips. I already had 2 pencils which i enjoyed using so I picked 2 more different shades, 014 Wild Clover & Indian Pink. They makes a great base for the lipstick & keeps the darker lipsticks from bleeding. If you havnt tried these then you are missing out the best lipliner. I find myself keep going back to these everytime I think of lipliners. Dont splurge when you can have a product this good at such a cheap price. Give it a try 7 I'm sure you'll love them.
Costs around 19SAR


Here are the swatches for the makeup pencils ( Please ignore the lighting). I hope that you enjoyed reading the post & found something new for your wishlist. I'll probably be doing 1 more post on this drugstore haul & after that I have really good stuff which I cant wait to share with you guyz. 

Thank you so much.
Dont forget to follow my blog on Instagram @Ksabeauty_haul & on twitter @Anam_Baig_KSABH.
Keep sharing love.
xoxo




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Anam Speaks Beauty