Sunday, October 4, 2015

Drugstore Gems | MUA Luxe (Are they really a dupe for Limecrime velvetine)


Dear Lipstick Junkie!

I am a lipstick hoarder & I have tried my best to try out as many liquid lipsticks as I can. On a recommendation I picked MUA Luxe Liquid Lipstciks in 3 colors; Tranquility(Peachy nude), Criminal (Hot pink) & Kooky ( Dark purple). They cost around 50SAR from an Instagram online store.

I was super excited to try out these because I checked a few videos & I loved the way they looked. The packaging is frost where you can see the lipstick shade like Velvetines, with a black cap & brush for application like many other liquid lipsticks.



The formula is little thicker then the original Velvetines & takes a little longer to dry on lips. Regardless of the timely sticky-ness, these babies dry to velvet-matte finish & stay for decent hours. These lipsticks are super pigmented , opaque color in one swipe- no to wait, dry & another layer to it. They are smudge proof & can be used without a lipliner.

I firstly swatched these on my hands & I was amazed that they stay put after hours of washing chores. The darker color remains for longer duration then the lighter
shades. I noticed that after scrubbing, laundry & dishes the darker shade was still on while the lighter one had only some remains.


The only downside is that they start flaking, makes my lips a little dry & doesnt stay forever on my lips. My friends have used them and it stay on their lips for like forever, the poor ladies have to use olive oil & lip scrub to get rid of it. But for me they stayed for like 2 hours and after that I had to reapply.

I dont mind that at all since they are very easy on pockets & for those who dont wanna spend on Velvetines can also get something similar but for me they are not the dupe for their formula. They come in very pretty range of colors options to select from.


L-R: Tranquility, Kookie & Criminal

You can see my lip swatches on my Instagram or below.

Tranquility

Criminal

Kookie

Have you guys tried any of these? Do let me know what do you think about these. Also if you want me try any product & review it for you, leave all the details in the comment section below & keep watching the space for another liquid lipstick review soon. You can find these lipsticks on Fashion & Makeup Jeddah Facebook & Instagram, mention my name or blog details to get discount. Till then keep hoarding lipsticks!


Keep pouting!
xoxo
A

1 comment:

  1. This is most of the problem with MUA and MUR liquid lipsticks. They start to flake from the middle which I absolutely loathe. However, these do look like Limecrime ones and Tranquility is right up my alley. Great post!

    Chaste & Beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Anam Speaks Beauty