Thursday, August 27, 2015

Splurge Worthy | Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Defination Powder Foundation


Hey Babes!

You'd probably be thinking that same month & another foundation review?
But trust me I had to share it with my beauties because its that good.

This is the first powder foundation I own (weird, right?) but I absolutely love it as its a very versatile product (keep reading to know more). Its the second foundation from my Sephora Haul (watch here). I tried this foundation over my Dior Nude Air Serum foundation & I loved the combo. I have been using it on daily basis topped on Dior for more coverage or on its own for a natural and matte look.

How I feel about it?
This foundation has become a daily part of my makeup routine & I carry it in my bag. It has survived 55C of temperature without leaving any oil on my skin. Its a very smooth foundation which has build-able medium coverage. The pigmentation is good & powder isn't chalky at all. It blends like a silky smooth dream & gives you a very nice matte finish.

Multi usage product:
The best part about this foundation is that its light and can be worn over another foundation, on its own as a powder foundation or you can use it with a wet sponge to give you more coverage with demi-matte finish. Its a very versatile product to set your foundation & use as touch-up product without adding more cakey layers.



Shades:
I feel that everybody will find their match as it has a variety of shades with three different undertones; cool, warm & neutral. I have already recommended it to my friends & they are loving it. No one has faced any skin problem, dry patches or breakouts. So go and find your perfect match!

Formula:
UD claims that the foundation has HPP (Highlighter Performing Pigments) technology which provides the perfect level of coverage to even out skin tone & optical blurring pigments create soft-focus effect. Its a weightless & luminous formula which even outs the skin & gives a decent coverage. Its a light diffusing formula which keeps your skin oil free. But the formula doesn't have an SPF which means you have to apply it separately.





Packaging:
It comes in a shiny purple gunmetal kinda case which is made up of plastic to keep it light & travel friendly. The case comes with a mirror + a cute little sponge + an open airy compartment to keep your sponge dry (if you have used it wet), this all fits into a very cute little cloth pouch to keep the case secure from scratches & clean. So its a big yay!!!

Final Verdict:
Overall its a good day to day powder foundation which is great for the season & oily skin. I wish it had an SPF, so I dont have to go a step extra for that but still I love how weightless it feels on my skin. I wont say its a holy grail product which has it all & I wont be looking for other things. I will keep looking for other option but till then I'll be using it & re-purchasing if I have to.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Anam Speaks Beauty